Friday, June 16, 2017

FOREVER MY LOVE



Life has been some milestones -
A wayside bar
Of discreet legal permits
So out of the way
In one long, dreary dark night
That flies by
In fearsome silhouettes
Of shady pasts.

Drawing shades
Over my present
Lest it shows -
this ugly mark
of chronic hurt
on a psyche
that once knew love.

Now centuries old
My love
And written on yellow parched paper
That I store so preciously
in a steel trunk
With silks that break to the touch.

My gnarled hands
I note
Are still pretty
As is the shape of my nose.

This swirling mist will soon clear
And you will know
that even after all these years
I still stand by the doorway
Looking inward
At the exquisite designs
You once wove
In lighter and darker shades
Over the
transparency of my soul.


No comments:

Post a Comment