Saturday, June 8, 2019

NOT YOU, NOT YOU, NOT YOU


who came in my dreams last night?
not you, not you, not you
it wasn't someone who loved me just because i was good
it was someone who took the bad
it wasn't someone who didn't love me because i was dark
it was someone who called me chocolate
it wasn't someone who thought i was brilliant
it was someone with whom i could share my stupidest thoughts, biggest fears and craziest doubts
it wasn't someone whose love yo-yoed with my weight loss and gain
it was someone who wondered why it was such a big deal - i was beautiful to him anyways..
it wasn't someone who wanted me to make him coffee
it was someone who could do that on his own while making me some too
it wasn't someone who checked my emails and wondered who i spoke to
it was someone who had his own space and respected mine
it wasn't someone who flirted every time he talked to a girl
it was someone who i could introduce to the most beautiful woman and still know for sure he loved me
it wasn't someone who wrote out my day and script for me
it was someone who let me fly but was there to catch me if i fell...

so who came in my dreams last night?
not you, not you, not you

No comments:

Post a Comment