Friday, July 26, 2019

MY HOME LIES LEEWARD


my home lies leewards

the way birds fly at Sunset

somewhere over the horizon

lies my humdrum world

where the maid has not dusted properly

pyjamas on the floor

books strewn around...

he has left his spectacle by the phone

will claim he's misplaced it of course

the cook has forgotten to turn off the gas

yes, and does the plumber really know his job??!!

the dog has walked across the just-swiped floor

and I! I have yet to have my bath and do puja!



yes, somewhere leeward lies my home...

my humdrum miniscule life magnified out of proportion

it's time to move it all to the back of my mind

the big things...they can wait too



far away from home, in this land of plants and trees

besides the still green lake, my mind is at peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment