Sunday, March 15, 2020

TO MY ABUSER





In the clear waters of the lake
do my teardrops make a difference?
Are they distinctive? Do the fish avoid them - so full of pain??

I will never know.

The black charcoal
etched 
your cruel words into my heart
forever
never to erase my mistrust in you -
Your smile - it means nothing!
Your love - it means nothing!
"You're mine!" you claim
"I swear I will never hurt you again!"

....you claim.
Your claim, not mine.

I stare blankly at you.

In the cold grey day outside
In a cloud, I see a form
Why do I see a form?
Why do i feel it follows me everywhere?
Why do I see shadows...

Everywhere??

You and I  - we make no sense
Should we die
and come alive, still
make no sense.

Trying to hold water in your hands -
never a wise thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment