Tuesday, June 9, 2020

PROOF OF MY LOVE




there's a waiting in me
my patience the length of your life
let the birds that woke up early this morn
fly back home, their foraging done
the autumn leaf debate its fall
fish have swum to ocean while the little boys hooked their bait
there's the smell of home cooked hotpot
my child runs home fast, her hair flying in the wind
outside the dog chases its own tail
the crow sits on the cow
my neighbor has not tired yet of the bucket he holds
while he explains the merits of organic fertilizers
across the fence
the scratchy squeaky noise of chalk on chalk board
teacher with eyes
at the back of her head that capture the flying paper missile..
the length is the time when a girl smiles
and there's that cute dimple again!
"oh my oh my!"

how many more instances do you want
as proof of my love?
then let me show you
the love line that starts at my wrist
and goes all the way to the rest of our lives
as i wait...
my patience still the length of your life

No comments:

Post a Comment