Monday, August 12, 2019

MISSING RIMONA/MISSING MOM BY GLORY AND RIMONA





 MISSING RIMONA BY GLORY


Why is everything in place?
This picture-perfect
Museum-house!!


Where is her dirty towel
Draped carelessly over the chair?


Where are those tiny wet lips

Rubbed arrogantly
On my nightie
After a meal? 



Empty sofas mock me

The days I had picked up 
her helmet and bag and
Paraphernalia
so diligently



In the stillness that rings 

So eerie around the house
I hear Eminem's now silenced voice leer



Clean floors bear marks

Of her missing wet footprints
padding across the hall
towel-wrapped and doe-eyed.



Empty lids over empty vessels

Wait for the voice that screamed,
"MUMMY!! WHERE'S MY BREAKFAST?"



Her room echos her presence 


Every nook and corner




Hrithik flaunts his biceps in vain


There's no girlish hero worship to check them out

Rimona!  Don't talk back at me like that!
Rimona, it's time to go!
Rimona, you wretched child, how dare you!


Rimona!  Don't cry.....


"Rimona" I had called 
Into the world
And christened
An held in my arms
And looked with wonder
This epitome of my love


Rimona, I must not call out your name
Lest you come back


Just.....
My heart rings hollow
All my love gone and spent
A lone tear remains
This mother's right 
To grieve.



RIMONA'S REPLY


MISSING MOM


The dirty towel dries 

Carefully hung on the rod inside my cup-board
My bed sheet folded neatly
And my things arranged in a corner.



Playing loud music seems like a waste of time

When there's no you around to irritate 
There's no mischief secretly done anymore
Or any sly remarks that'll be met with indignation.



Oh what a sight it was to see

The silent Golum gobbling up all the fish
And also anything that's available
When ironically she would have claimed that very morning
"I'm going on a diet from today, oh yes I am!"


All the intentional rude conversations
And the philosophical revelations made
In the darkness, thanks to the power cut
Lies a distant whisper along the blurred memory lane


I hear your voice, "MONA!!"
In that tone that irritates me the most
Calling out to me through
The emptiness that surrounds me here.


Mom, I had happily taken advantage of you
Troubled you as only I can
Lived on top of you...

 Just.....

My heart rings hollow now
All my inspiration to be rude gone and spent
A lone tear remains
This daughter's right 
To grieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment